The City of Shakopee in cooperation with Louisville Township, Jackson Township and Scott County again will offer Clean Up Day for recyclable items. Resident IDs will be checked to ensure Shakopee, Jackson and Louisville Township residency.
||Saturday, April 27, from 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
||Behind the Shakopee Public Works Building, located at 400 Gorman St. (952) 233-9550.
||$25 per vehicle of recyclable items. (No vehicles larger than pick-up trucks.) See "Fee Information” for non recyclable refuse loads and other additional fees. Cash or check only, checks preferred.
- Brush cut in 6-foot lengths and less than 3-foot diameter and bound in biodegradable twine.
- Yard Waste (grass, leaves, garden material, brush) in compostable bags only. Plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Tires (Four tire limit per vehicle. Additional tires are $5 per tire off rim and $6 per tire on the rim. Maximum of 8 tires.)
- Electronics (stereo, regular TV, VCR, scanner, desktop size printer/fax machines)
- Console TVs/Stereos** (Furniture style)
- Scrap Metal (BBQ grills - briquettes and propane tank** removed; lawnmowers - oil and fuel drained)
- Car Batteries
- Major Appliances (Stove, refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, dehumidifiers, water heaters, water softeners, microwaves. Two appliance limit per vehicle.)
*Other refuse not listed may also be accepted. Loose refuse must be boxed. Call (952) 233-9550 to see if a specific item is accepted.
**An additional fee is required for this item. See "Fee Information" for details.
- Liquids, Chemicals, Oils
- Light Bulbs
- Paints, Paint Cans
- Tree Logs
- Tree Stumps
- Landscape Blocks
- Contractor Building Material Debris
- RV Refrigerators
- Hot Tubs, Bath Tubs, Whirlpool Tubs
Scott County Household Hazardous Waste Facility accepts many of the "not accepted" items. Please call them at (952) 496-8652 or visit its website for details. Read the Household Hazardous Waste informational pamphlet.
Dem Con Recovery and Recycling, LLC in Shakopee accepts many large items and some of the "not accepted" items for a fee. The service providers on this list may also take some of these "not accepted" items.
Fees for Acceptable Recyclable Refuse
A $25 fee (cash or check only, check preferred) per vehicle of recyclable items applies only to those vehicles solely containing the following recyclable items: yard waste, car batteries, brush, tires (limit of 4), scrap metal and major appliances (refrigerator, microwave, stove, freezer, washer, dryer, etc.-- limit of 2), and electronics (stereo, TV, VCR, scanner). Other limits may apply.
Fees for Acceptable Non Recyclable Refuse Loads
Residents wishing to dispose of ANY acceptable refuse other than what is described as recyclable items will be charged a flat fee (cash or check only, check preferred) based on the type of vehicle transporting the refuse.
- $25 per car
- $30 per trailer
- $30 per pick-up truck
- $20 per mattress or box spring
- $25 per console TV or console stereo
- $10 per computer (monitor & CPU). Please clean personal information off hard drive before recycling.
- $20 per couch
- $8 per propane tank
- Additional tires (up to 8) $5 per tire off rim, $6 per tire on rim
Clean Up Day is funded in part through grants received from Scott County and Shakopee's Recycling Rebate Program with Dick's Sanitation.
Shakopee Rotary is working in conjunction with the City of Shakopee’s spring Clean Up Day and Bridging, Inc. to collect donations of unwanted furniture and household items from 7:30 - 11:30 a.m., on Saturday, April 27. To make a donation, come directly to north side of the Shakopee Public Works Building, 400 Gorman Street.
Bridging, Inc. serves people in need based on qualified referrals from social service agencies and churches in the seven-county metropolitan area.
All donations are tax deductible (thrift market value). To qualify, Rotary asks that donations be in good condition, clean, undamaged and not worn beyond a respectable life. For more information or to schedule a pick-up, contact Rotarian Tim Whitcomb at (952) 445-6170.
Shakopee Rotary welcomes your donations of:
- Furniture - dressers, chairs, tables, bed frames, mattresses, sofas
- Household Items - ironing boards, irons, lamps, dishes, small appliances, bakeware, glassware
- Flatware, Pots/Pans
- Linens - bedding, towels
- Pillows, Blankets
- Specialty Items for Infants and Children - games and toys
For more information about the City of Shakopee’s Clean Up Day, please call (952) 233-9550 or 952-233-3837/TTY.